After temporarily closing their facility due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ohiya Casino & Resort is pleased to announce they are reopening to the public on June 29th at 10:00 am.
Ohiya Casino & Resort will open their entire facility in phases, with the first phase including the casino floor, café court, and lounge. Future phases of reopening will include the hotel, Legends restaurant, Four Winds event hall, swimming pool, and gift shop. The property will limit occupancy to 50% during the first phase of reopening.
To celebrate the reopening, Ohiya Casino & Resort will have a prayer and song for employees and for the Santee Sioux Nation on the morning of June 29th.
Ohiya Casino & Resort’s goal is to provide a safe and comfortable experience for all guests, and is employing the following safety precautions:
• All guests are required to take a touchless body temperature scan before entering. If a guest’s temperature is
100.4 degrees or higher they will be asked to not enter the facility.
• All guests must wear appropriate face covering while inside the facility.
• There is temporarily no smoking allowed inside the facility. There are designated smoking areas available outside
• A limited number of gaming machines are available until further notice.
• The Ohiya staff is frequently cleaning and disinfecting gaming machines, door handles, and all common touch
• All guests must remain a safe six-feet distance from others.
• At this time, Ohiya Casino & Resort is open from 10:00 am to 12:00 am daily.
“We are very excited to reopen Ohiya Casino and do so in a safe manner,” said Thelma Thomas, General Manager. “Our main concern is for the safety of our guests, our staff, and our entire community, and the public can rest assured that we are taking all appropriate precautions to ensure a fun and safe experience.”