This Notice from the Village of Niobrara posted Thursday, March 21
Attention: HWY 14 will be open into Niobrara NE on Saturday March 23, 2019 from 12 noon to 12 Midnight. The HWY 14/ 12 road into Niobrara will open again 8AM on Sunday March 24, 2019 and remain open until midnight on Sunday. No trucks allowed. Come and see our icebergs and flood damage. The community is working hard with cleanup efforts. We have businesses open on the hill. Moody’s, Greg’s, The Trading Post, Sportsman’s Bar, Farnik’s, Billy May’s, Precious Things, the Museum, Hilltop Lodge, Terry’s. We Welcome you! HWY 12/14 is open from Niobrara across Standing Bear Bridge into South Dakota.
Here is a VERDIGRE update posted Thursday, March 21 at 1:55 pm from the Verdigre Library.
- Friday, March 22, 9-1 or 9:30-1:30, tetanus shots by Nebraska Dept of Health at Village Office. “Bring your insurance card as shots will be run through insurance, but noone will be billed for amount not paid by insurance. If you have no insurance you will not be charged,” Tetanus shots also available at Avera Verdigre (during regular hours) and Avera Niobrara (Friday, 2:00-6:00 p.m.)
- Correction: Curt Zimmerer’s cell # is 402-841-2835. Farm and ranch-related. The last # was daughter Hannah’s so your messages were passed on!
- Saturday, March 23, Farm Bureau Burger Feed starting at noon at Fire Hall. All welcome.
- Tree dump is open, but grounds are still soft. Don’t get stuck. Same goes for alleys and everywhere around here. Watch where you’re going.
- Verdigre prom rescheduled to Friday, April 26.
- Donated supplies are in Legion Hall, contact person is Theresa Pavlik 402-358-0608
- I try to coordinate volunteers and work needing done. Please let me know what help is needed. Katie Hollmann cell) 402-358-0986 (Not in library yet, but…)
- Library reopened today! Not all computers are working. All carpets were shampooed!
- Here is a partial list of items needed: firewood for 2 families, propane for the ZCBJ Hall, Library and Legion Hall, dehumidifiers, fans, lawn mowers, storage shelves (LOTS) for businesses-garages-basements. At football field, the school lost a minivan, industrial lawn mower, two pop coolers, two freezers, popcorn machine, set of speakers, roasters and more.
- Most homes have heat again. If we missed a home or business in need, say so.
- Hang in there.
Saturday, March 23rd
- Market Beef Weigh in today at Atkinson Livestock Market has been postponed to Saturday April 6th from 9 to 11am
Sunday, March 24th
- The Inman Community Church will not have services tomorrow due to the road conditions