The E.E.O.C. Report
February 2, 2015
During the period February 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015 KBRX AM & FM had one new hire. Hired was Michael D. Walker for on air staff.
KBRX AM & FM Advertised with help wanted announcements on KBRX AM & FM, broadcasting 30 second commercials for two weeks.
KBRX AM & FM also used the following organizations to fill the position. Career Services Job Search, Northeast Community College, University of Nebraska Lincoln, University of Nebraska Kearney, Holt County Economic Development and also ALLACCESS.com
In an effort to keep the public informed of our personnel needs, KBRX AM & FM broadcast two 30 second commercials per week. They inform the public to apply for a position in the broadcast field. The help wanted ads are run in Class A times and are scheduled on a year round basis.
KBRX AM & FM participated in the Nebraska Broadcast Scholarship program. Scott Poese of KBRX helped judge the entries. KBRX scheduled 30 second ads to run from February 5, 2014 through April 15, 2014 for applicants to apply for the scholarships. A total of 7 ads were run per day between KBRX AM & FM. The winners were Ryan Swanigan of Papillion, NE and Elizabeth Ryan of Papillion, Nebraska.
KBRX AM & FM employ high school students to work part time at KBRX. These students run the station part time, mostly on weekends and some times during the week. The students are Jared Hammerlun, Ellery Butterfield, Grace Bunner, Molly Atkeson, Alyssia Sobotka and Creston Buller. Students who are going to college work when they come back home during holidays and in the summer.
KBRX also have area high school students do air work, mainly news from their school and area events. Schools that participate in the program are O’Neill Public, O’Neill St. Mary’s, Creighton, Lynch, Stuart, West Boyd, Clearwater, Orchard and Chambers.
KBRX also contacted 15 organizations to help us locate personnel when the need arises. The organizations are:
- American Legion Post, Arnold Hall 402-336-1200
- Ashfall Fossil Beds, Rick Otto 402-893-2000
- American Cancer Society, Stephane Fritz 402-270-1070
- F.O.E. Lodge 3644, Nick Carlson 402-336-2606
- Golden Age Center, Pat Binkerink 402-336-4338
- Goldenrod Girl Scout Concil, Linda Luther 402-336-2774
- Holt Boyd Right To Life, Jeanie Miller 402-589-1465
- Holt County Democrats, Jim Larue 402-482-5250
- Holt County Extension Service, 402-336-2760
- Holt County Historical Society, Kathy Manoucheri 402-336-2344
- Holt County Republicans, Brad Blumenstock 402-336-2505
- O’Neill Friends of the Library, Becky Cemper 402-336-3110
- Holt County VFW Post, Roger Lang 402-336-4688
- O’Neill Rotary Club, Cody Boettcher 402-336-1504
- O’Neill Volunteer Fireman, Dale Waterman 402-336-3034
KBRX AM & FM also participated in the High School Job Shadowing Program. This is a yearly event at the O’Neill High School.
General Manager KBRX